About The Company
People. Passion. Pride. This is what has driven their teams since 1833.
Since that time, they have developed to become a critical partner in the global aviation industry, delivering time-critical logistics services at 200 locations in over 37 countries, across six continents. But at the heart of their business is their people. If you are seeking a role with opportunities to learn and develop, this could be the beginning of an exciting journey.
The ideal candidate for this role must have previous aircraft dispatch experience and have good basic knowledge of airport operations and customer airlines as well as having:
- Must be fully qualified on min one airline and competent to complete a full weight and balance function on wide-bodied aircraft on a regular basis
- Knowledge of the ALTEA system is essential
- Team player with strong interpersonal and coordinating skills.
- Ability to influence, negotiate and communicate effectively at all levels.
- Hold a current Full UK Driving Licence
- Excellent attendance and punctuality records
Department: Ground Handler
Salary Details: Competitive
Vacancy Type: Full Time
About The Role
Menzies are recruiting for a organised and strategic Dispatcher to join their team. The role is co-ordination of all functions required enabling the safe, on time departure of the aircraft within their scheduled turnaround times in accordance with the Ground Handling Manual. To be responsible for ensuring the Menzies Aviation product is delivered consistently in line with service level standards set for both on time and station performance. To influence and facilitate the consistent delivery of a “World Class” product to our customers and the airline.
Main Accountabilities and Duties:
- To consistently deliver the highest possible level of customer service at all times.
- To effectively manage an aircraft's turnaround giving support where appropriate.
- Responsible for a safe, secure & correct aircraft arrival to/departure from its parking stand. This is to include overseeing of the safety of the entire operation on the ramp area, involving all staff and third-party suppliers.
- Ensuring all staff members fully comply with the Health & Safety at Work Act 1974 when carrying out their duties.
- Responsible for overseeing and co-ordinating the safe unloading/loading of the aircraft.
- To assist with passenger services and passengers being directed to and from the aircraft in a safe manner.
- To comply with all airlines weight & balance documentation and load sheet regulations and to convey the loading instruction to ramp staff.
- Supervision of Ramp Agents and Customer Service Agents affecting the aircraft.
- Ensure that the fuel is loaded and agreed/confirmed with Captain & fuel provider
- To ensure that security items, Rush/Unattended bags are loaded & documented correctly
- Presentation of the load sheet with any final amendments made to the Captain.
- Compliance with baggage reconciliation and “Triple-A” requirements.
- To understand and operate radio and PA equipment effectively and correctly.
- Co-ordinating & recording the safe and timely delivery of all services to the aircraft at the request of the crew or engineers. Services include Catering, Fuelling, Engineering, Cleaners, Toilet/Water servicing, Crew Transport, Ramp Agents & Ground Equipment, Care bears (Passenger special assistance) and De-icing.
- Responsible for the safe co-ordination of the push back/start-up procedure on the departure of the aircraft, and to ensure the ramp area is checked for FOD before aircraft arrival
- Responsible for the timely sending of all movement messages (to include AA/ED/AD/NI/ED/PSM) to all required outstations by SITA including detailed delay analysis.
- Supplying of weather/NOTAMS as required upon request to the Captain
- Agree departure time and delay code(s) where applicable with the aircraft Captain, correctly record agreed data on the dispatch report card
- To provide accurate info after departure to GMC of any delay codes
- Foster and enhance the relationships between staff, the airport and contracted service providers to deliver consistently outstanding customer service
- Responsible for ensuring Menzies Aviation product is delivered consistently to demanding service level standards and on-time performance targets
- Assisting with disruption management and communicating the status of the aircraft they are responsible for.
- Always represent the Company in a professional manner
- Full compliance and implementation at all times of the following:
- Local station policies
- Airline Handling Manual
- Airports Disruption Management Policy
- Customer Service Promise
- Communications Promise
- Mentoring and coaching other Dispatchers
- Step into an Operations Allocator or Supervisor role when required
- To produce the 3 main functions of load control – planning of weight and balance, loading instruction and production of load sheet utilising various customer airline systems.
- Keep office tidy
- Stationary levels are maintained e.g. AAA, Trip Files cards
- Cars, photocopiers reported when U/S
- Maintain uniform standards
- Any other reasonable duty as requested.