Skillset: Community investment, social value, skills and employment
Job location: London Accessible by public transport
Working hours: Weekdays
Contract: Permanent flexible working: We welcome you to ask about the flexibility you need. This might be part-time, remote working, or compressed hours for example.
Anyone who applies for a role can ask about flexibility at interview. In return, we will explore what is possible for the role
The programme will last 18 months with plans to find the successful candidate a permanent position within the social sustainability team at SCS Railways Limited
To support the design, delivery and measurement of social value and community investment outcomes on the SCS HS2 Main Works contract. This role will actively take part in all social value activity ensuring high quality social initiatives that provide economic benefits to the communities we work alongside.
This role will be required to work alongside the Skills, Employment and Education (SEE), Community Engagement and Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) teams to support activities within the community.
The role is part of the wider Social Sustainability team that aims to create a skilled and diverse workforce and to leave a long lasting and sustainable legacy for the local communities
• To support the data collection and data entry of social value activity on the SCS programme via Excel and transferring into our Social Value data base
• Engagement with stakeholders such as managers, staff, vulnerable groups as was as charities to support social employment schemes and initiatives, as well as engagement activities•
Carry out room bookings via Microsoft outlook system and Teams for events and meetings•
Supporting the creation of marketing material for Social Sustainability events, as well as creating case studies and summary brief’s•
Putting together agendas and taking notes for minutes, and other ad hoc administration Template no.:1MC03-SCJ-HR-TEM-S001-000006Rev. C04Uncontrolled Page 2 of 4 when printed OFFICIAL
• Promote Equality, Diversity, and inclusion in all aspects of delivery
Required qualifications, skills, behaviors and attributes
GCSE, A Levels or equivalent.
• Level 2 in ICT or equivalent experience
Required /Essential Skills
• Ability to use Microsoft packages (outlook, word, excel, PowerPoint)
• Organisational skills and ability to prioritise workload.
• Experience of using document management systems or equivalent
• Experienced in the use of spreadsheets/databases to manage records and information.
• Good verbal and written communication skills and interpersonal skills.
• Credible in building relationships with all levels of internal and external stakeholders.
• Demonstrable ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
• Excellent attention to detail with the ability to work flexibly.
Things to consider
You will be required to attend an initial assessment in English and maths, followed by a short interview prior to enrolment. You will be expected to have a grade 9-4/A*-C (or equivalent qualifications) in English and maths or achieve Level 2 Functional Skills in English and maths to enter the gateway in order for you to complete your End-Point Assessment.
We are particularly interested in applicants wanting to create a career within the Skills, Education and Employment Area and Social Sustainability. In addition to the above discipline role, the Apprentice must carry out their duties in accordance with the SCS JV Core Values: