Landmark Brickwork, established in 2002, has enjoyed continued growth and expansion since its inception, fast becoming one of the UK’s leading specialist brick and stonework contractors.
Working with major building contractors, on a diverse range of projects, Landmark Brickwork has extensive experience in delivering high quality, cost effective work.
Purpose of Role
To work under the direction and guidance of an experienced craftsperson or supervisor, carrying out repairs, maintenance and new installations of brickwork/blockwork and stonework.
The jobholder will work towards and be expected to acheive a Level 2 qualification in Bricklaying.
Key Accountabilities may include:
- Learn the process of brickwork/blockwork in accordance with specifications
- Installation of the following:
- Brickwork bonding to suit all projects
- Variety of blockwork walls (Project specific)
- Damp proof courses (DPC)
- Insulation (rigid and mineral wool)
- Range of wall tiles suitable to the task
- Wind post and parapet post installation
- Masonary support system
- Attend College on a day release basis, and undertake any additional training as requested
- Take part in the Apprentice review process
- Follow health and safety policy and procedures, including the wearing of personal protective equipment (PPE) where needed
- Use all tools, equipment and materials safely
- Build and maintain good working relationships with colleagues, customers and managers
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Can undertand and follow instructions
- Can work as part of a team
- Good knowledge of English and communication skills
- Good understanding of maths
- Willingness to follow safety guidelines at all times
- Can pay close attention to detail
- Can be flexible in work activities, locations and hours of work
- Ability to work in external locations and at height