Action on Disability is one of London’s leading Disabled People’s Organisations. AOB supports the Social Model of Disability, whilst it's values and principles embrace inclusive and accessible ways of working across all activities, seeking the participation and contribution of its members, and encourage and respect diversity.
Organisation is a medium sized charity with a Board of Trustees, 24 staff and a strong ad hoc staff and volunteer base including many with direct experience of disability - all of whom are passionate about removing the barriers that disabled people face.
AoD provides five key services. These are: Youth, Employment, Welfare Benefits, Independent Living and Direct Payments.
AoD’s Employment Service
The Action on Disability Employment Service is setting the agenda for disability employment across West London with great results: Supported Internships, In-Work Support Service and employment support. We also provide management, job coaching and employer engagement, for example, over 20 young Disabled people each year across our 2 supported internship sites.
We are looking for someone who is highly motivated, with a thorough understanding of the Social Model of Disability and high expectations of Disabled people. You will need excellent problem solving, communication and negotiation skills.
Main duties of post
1. To support clients to search and apply for jobs
2. To engage with a network of employers to facilitate job trials and tailor roles accordingly
3. To work with all stakeholders to create bespoke Access to Work support plans
4. To build and maintain good working relationships with clients/appointees and employers
5. To nurture and empower clients by offering support with occupational decision making, job finding and job keeping skills
6. To provide follow-on support to clients in employment and advise all parties on reasonable adjustments
Candidates must apply using Application form. Please contact Work Hounslow for details.