Due to a department expansion and increase spend by one of our long standing clients we are looking for new supervisors to join the team to assist with delivery of works, working closely with the client and workforce to ensure we meet the clients/residents high expectations. If this role is of interest to you then we look forward to hearing from you.
The purpose of the role is to ensure that Cyclical properties are controlled and delivered within the time frames required and to meet the minimum standard set by the Client. To ensure an excellent customer experience at all times.
Salary up to £34,000
26 days paid holiday a year
3x Life Assurance
Company Pension Scheme
Lifestyle and Retail Discounts – save money on those everyday expenses with access to 100’s of deals and discount
Community Days – paid time-off work to volunteer in the local community
United Living is on an exciting journey of growth and a great time to join a diverse team. We are in the business of helping the country to build new homes while working in homes in need of upgrading. United Living is searching for the brightest talent to pursue careers in 21st Century organisations that changes lives.
To ensure that Cyclical properties are controlled and delivered within the time frames required and to meet the minimum standard set by the Client. To ensure an excellent customer experience at all times.
· To ensure that Cyclical properties are controlled and delivered within the time frames required and to meet the minimum standards set by the Client and minimum performance levels expected by the business. Including pre-inspection surveys of each property
· To ensure that that ULPS staff provide exceptional customer experience at all levels and challenge poor behaviors that detract from this goal or do not enhance the ULPS brand.
· To proactively achieve the partnership goals through managing directly employed teams, and also Sub Contract Partners (SCP), as required and to post inspect at a minimum level of 100% of all works on completion.
· To manage direct labour operatives both ensuring adherence to standard operating procedures (SOP), expected performance criteria and ensuring that support is given on any technical problems raised by all staff. and to post inspect at a minimum level of 100% of all works on completion.
· To review systems and process and look to set new targets and continuously improve KPI’s throughout the team and the process.
· To specify work in conjunction with the client, order and manage works materials.
· To support other areas within the team/supervisor when needed.
· Record on DWP what is required within the property and produce a schedule of works and cost estimate for the work.
· Assist in ensuring work is correctly re-allocated to operatives and or subcontractors when this is required by the planning teams
· Effectively manage and control the team within your remit and control and monitor performance.
· Ensure the implementation of all ULPS policies with regard to employees.
· Ensure Decorations/repairs are completed in a timely manner and the actual start and finish time and date is recorded accurately. Ensuring that productivity is maximized, material costs are minimized and subcontractor costs are in line with rates agreed.
· Ensure that work in progress is monitored by you on a daily basis so you can report back to the Administration Teams as required.
· To provide accurate detailed schedules of works including full works descriptions, labour requirements and material specifications plus relevant SOR’s where applicable.
· Ensure that all information relating to the repairs are recorded on DWP and updated daily. Scrutinize and sign off all time sheets, and approve sub-contract invoices submitted prior to payment.
· Measure each team member and subcontractors’ output and report back weekly on performance against target for each team member to the line manager.
· Carry out inspection and sign off 100% of completed work within your area.
· Assist the Contract Manager/site manager when required in dealing with snagging, complaints and recall tasks and manage these proactively.
· Ensure that all staff and sub-contractors are aware of and receive training in all relevant H&S issues. To assist in chairing and recording all tool box talks that are held on a monthly basis. COSHH data to be maintained and updated for the team.
· Ensure all operatives keep their vehicles clean and tidy at all times and wear the appropriately logo'd corporate clothing.
· Ensure that you and all of your team members/sub-contractors are courteous to residents and clients at all times and that high levels of customer satisfaction are obtained.
· Make sure that all are recorded in a timely manner and that procedures are followed and follow ups are used in all team talks.
· Carry out inductions for all new team members/sub-contractors/Visitors and record these as required.
· To keep adequate HR records in order to manage all members of staff within your management chain
Post holder may also be required to undertake other related duties not listed in this Job Description from time to time according to the needs of the business
· Minimum of 4 GCSEs at Grade C or above to include Maths and English (both at Grade B)
· Strong organisational skills, including material ordering, multitasking and time management
· Appropriate CSCS card
· Valid driving licence
· SSSTS/SMSTS certificate Valid not expired
· First Aid at Work certificate desirable
· Fire Marshall certificate desirable
· IPAF desirable
· Pasma desirable
· Membership or working towards MCIOB or RICS is desirable.
· Experience with electronic job updating through smart phones preferred with ability to use a PDA and email IT equipment to record job information
· Minimum 5 years in the construction field or related service provision.
· Experience in working within time and budget restraints.
· Experience of managing both directly employed labour and sub-contractors.
· Understanding the customers both internally and externally & work towards driving impeccable service.
· Takes ownership of issues/problems and personally sees them through to delivery.
· Is able to critique processes/procedures and can recommend improvements that have a business benefit.
· Computer literate with word and excel skills to a basic level.
· Health & Safety awareness and training to the required CITB industry standard and company policies.
· Proven communication Skills including report writing, e-mails & verbal communication.
· Customer Focused.
· Planning & Organising excellence.
· Natural Attention to Detail.
· Excellent Communication skills – oral & written.
· Adaptable and Flexible.
· Good Judgement Skills.
· Personal –Integrity.
· Interpersonal Sensitivity.
· Problem Solver.
· Team player.