Safer Communities Project Coordinator
West London – Hounslow
Salary Commensurate with the responsibilities of the post
21 hours per week, in the office or local outreach locations, no remote working
PURPOSE OF THE POST
• To give infrastructure support to local voluntary and community sector (VCS) groups, social enterprises and residents towards setting up new activities and adopting a community safety approach.
• Seek funding for new activities.
• Setup and run a network for participants.
• Promote safe communities volunteering.
About The Role
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Formulate a detailed work plan for the implementation of the set outputs, outcomes, and budget.
• Support VCS organisations with measuring and communicating impact.
• To provide practical information to local groups on appropriate funding streams and their criteria by reviewing their funding proposals and offering feedback.
• To advise local VCS groups and social enterprises on a range of legal structures, policies, and charity registration issues; and assist in choosing the most appropriate structures and assist with their registration process.
• To plan and ensure implementation of the Training Programmes and its delivery in co-operation with other EHCVS Staff. Where training is outsourced, commission appropriate trainers to deliver relevant training courses in accordance with the training needs identified.
• To be aware of local and national initiatives and how these relate to local issues and be able to advise and disseminate relevant information to the local VCS.