Glenman Corporation is an award-winning international building construction company established in 1994 by brothers Albert and Micheál Conneally. From the outset we have focused on quality, safety, innovation and customer satisfaction. This strategy led to continuous growth and expansion of the business across the public and private sectors. In 2011 Glenman Corporation extended its operations into the UK market and now has offices in Chiswick and Crawley, serving clients across Greater London and the South East of England. Our diverse UK and Ireland portfolios include education, residential, healthcare, hotels and leisure, commercial and public projects. Our success relies on the continuous development of our people and procedures and dedication to our clients. This approach has resulted in many awards and nominations over the years, including a nomination for the Sustainable Construction Award at the 2018 London Construction Awards.
****************************Applicants must possess the minimum of 3 years working for a main contractor****************************
• Prepare, write and submit pre-qualification questionnaires (PQQ’s) and Tender Submissions (TQS’s); including coordinating technical input from the design, estimating and contract management teams. •Administer all documentation from registering the receipt of initial documents to the filing of the submission.
•Prepare, write and edit the pre-tender and tender responses including layout and presentation
•Utilize tools such as ‘In-Design’ for best presentation.
•Coordinate, proof read and edit technical documents prepared by you and others to ensure compliance with PQQ/RFT/ITT deliverables.
•Support the Bid Coordinator to manage tender portals, if required oNew opportunity alertsoPQQ/Tender clarification alertsoPost Tender clarification alerts
•Log PQQ’s and Tenders to the F:Drive and assign a tender number.
•Disseminate tender information and post tender clarifications to the relevant internal project bid team members.
•Assist the estimating department to disseminate tender information and post tender clarifications to the relevant external project bid team members
•Prepare presentations – for pre-tender and post tender interviews / meetings – in soft and hard copy formats as necessary/prescribed.
•Formal handover of important information to the operations team ensuring that key proposals are integrated into the project delivery plan.
•Enhance the quality of submission documents – improve graphics and best practice methodology- to achieve professionally designed bespoke bid submissions.
•Drive and champion of continuous improvement throughout the bid life cycle
•Maintain accreditation to approved lists of Local Authorities/Hospitals etc
•Maintain accreditations to approved lists - Construction line / Exor and Health & Safety/Environmental.
•Write award submissions
Communication with Operations Teams (& others outside the pre-construction department)
• Manage internal communication with assigned members of the operations team to assist with the ‘Quality/Technical’ aspect of a PQQ/Tender to ensure information is timely received in accordance with planned timetable.
• Liaise with consultants and Key supply chain members to obtain information for bid collation.
• Periodically obtain updated information from project delivery teams so that Frencon’s Bid Library is continually updated with current examples.
Bid Library & CRM Management
• Manage, maintain and improve bid library of current and bespoke company information and literature including curriculum vitae, project case studies, ‘model answers’ to questionnaires database, written references, etc., project examples, statistics
• Liaising with the marketing assistant, update and customizing CV’s, project profiles, etc. for each tender submission as necessary.
• Maintain the CRM system in conjunction with the business development manager and assistant estimator /other assigned personnel.
Reports & Analysis
• Track tender and PQQ success rates - for internal management use and to satisfy ISO external auditing.
• Facilitate post bid client/consultant feedback and “lessons learnt” process to improve the content of ‘model answers’.
• Participate in any initiatives which deliver the social value plan at a Head Office level (e.g. hosting work experience, attending schools’ careers fairs etc.)•Return any evidence to demonstrate activity
•Marketing and publicity of social value activities
• Bid writing experience with a first-tier contractor and/or excellent understanding of the project-based construction environment
•A thorough knowledge of the techniques and methods of bid writing •Understands how to identify requirements, introduce customer focus into writing style and Client win themes
•Previous experience in the methods and techniques of proposal writing;
•Experience publishing and formatting submissions; •Good report writing skills;
•Excellent attention to detail, spelling, punctuation and grammar;
•Works well in a team with good interpersonal and influencing skills;
•Ability to manage time effectively, proactively seeking activities that will add value to their function
•Thorough knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite of software.
•Proficient in the use of Adobe InDesign.
•Active search and applications for social value awards
•Support teams in delivery so that site-based time impacts are minimised
•Support with rollout of a site-based well-being programme – Marketing role
•Host and supervise work experience placements
•Support the Head of Bids and Social Value with the delivery of social and environmental programmes at Head Office and Project Site.